Below is a list of former or currently inactive contributors. You can view our current active contributors here.
- I was born and raised in Donetsk, Ukraine and immigrated to NYC when I was eight years old. My passion for photography stems from my love of heavy metal and hard rock as well as my concert experiences. I was exposed to this music at an early age and it has been a big part of my life into adulthood. It is very rewarding and exciting to capture the small moments that musicians have on stage and get caught up in all the action in the mosh pit and take photos from that vantage point. When I am not behind my camera, I can be found teaching preschool. My love of music and photography allows me to create and plan meaningful activities for my students. I was very young when I discovered my passion and my goal is to help do the same for my students.
- Jade listens to albums like she reads books — from front to back. Her fallbacks will always be classic ’90s grunge, alternative metal, and psychedelic art rock. Her hobbies include reading fantasy horror and perusing standup comedy.
- Whether there is rock, metal, or any variation of music in between, you can certainly see John Thornbrugh behind the camera at most concerts. John takes his passion for photography to a level rarely seen by most others. The sights he purveys through his lens makes you imagine the sounds he hears as they are happening. Killer shots are what matters most to John, and it shows through John's work. You can catch him shooting rock shows in Kansas City and surrounding areas. Most of the time he has his camera up to his eye, waiting for that next awe-inspiring shot. But don’t be fooled, John is one of the most approachable photographers out there, and he's always willing to share his wealth of knowledge and passion for great photos. Check out some of John’s work at Street Metal Image Photography.
- I specialize in sports and live event photography. I've had the opportunity to shoot many local and national bands, including Clutch, Slayer, King Diamond, Hellyeah and Dave Davies to name a few. I've also covered school sporting events in the York County, Philadelphia and Baltimore areas including ice hockey, soccer and lacrosse.
- I'm an avid photographer, soaking up everything I can possibly cram into my brain in the least amount of time. I especially enjoy abandoned photography. Living in the San Francisco Bay Area provides so much in the way of historical sites. I like to capture these places using techniques such as HDR and painting with light to give viewers a chance of seeing these places as something other than "old and gross." I also enjoy concert, urban exploration, landscape, and people photography, but I'm open to exploring all genres. Check out Todd's website here.